Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

First step in the journey

Welcome to Skip Cottage Curling!

'Life is a journey' is a quotation that is much overused. When I finished my stint as Editor of the Scottish Curler magazine in May, I had certainly reached a crossroads, and the difficult thing for me was to decide what I really wanted to do as I continued my retirement. I took a few months to decide.

From 1961 - 1992, curling played a major part in my life. For the past seven years, the sport has again been my major focus. When it comes down to it, being involved in this great sport of ours is something that I really enjoy... for all sorts of reasons. So I made the decision to continue in the sport, if I could, and to do what I enjoy most, that is watching it, writing about it, and taking photographs! Who knows I might even have the time now to take part in the odd game or two!

I came across another (anonymous) quotation recently: 'The first step isn't in the taking of the first step; it is in deciding to take the first step.' What should my first step be? Well, here it is! My 'first step' on my new journey is this blog.

Lots of blogallies have followed my exploits over the summer on Skip Cottage. That blog will continue, although not so frequently during the curling season. Curling news, and comment, will be here on skipcottagecurling.blogspot.com. Bookmark this link now.

I'm going to need help as the season gets busier, but more about that in the future. In the meantime, check back frequently, and do comment. There's even a new email address in my profile in the sidebar if you want to write to me directly. Do bear with me as the look and feel of the blog may change in the days ahead.

"Good curling to you all in this new season, and thanks from Bob."