Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Interruption of Service

There may well be a slight interruption of service from Skip Cottage in the next day or so as I head for Latvia, to promote international understanding and friendship!

As the official 'recorder' for the Reform Curling Club, I shall be detailing the adventures of some of the members in Riga, on, and perhaps off, the ice!

I look forward to learning the Latvian for, "Are all Latvian curlers so attractive? ... proficient? ...generous?" "What would you like to drink?" "I'm lost, where is my hotel?" "My case didn't arrive, where can I buy some underpants?" If I can, I'll update progress with my language studies on the blog.

Sadly, I will miss the Dunvegan at Murrayfield, and the Mini Tour at Lockerbie this week. But Kay Adams has been doing a great job on the RCCC website with weekend previews and summaries, and I commend these to you for the upcoming weekend.

Elsewhere, the GB men's squad is in Bern for another Curling Champions Tour event, the Bern Open. In addition there are four Scottish teams in the draw, skipped by Warwick Smith, Peter Loudon, Jamie Dick and Hammy McMillan. Find the results here.

Normal service will be resumed on Skip Cottage Curling next week, hopefully.