Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

European Qualifying update

I have to complete the coverage of the European Championship Qualifying Competition by (re)posting this pic of Team McMillan (L-R: Hammy McMillan, David Smith, Ross Paterson and Sandy Gilmour) who will be our representative team in the men's event of the Le Gruyere European Curling Championships in Champery, Switzerland, December 3-11. There is a summary of the Perth event on the Royal Club website here.

David Murdoch will be the alternate, a role he played at the World Championship last season in Italy. David Hay is the coach. I hear too that Kate Brewster will have the head coach role for the squad in Champery, not Derek Brown.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank those of you who have found the 'Donate Button' in the past weeks. Your contributions helped towards the new laptop I wanted (needed), and this got its first outing this weekend. Thank you all very much indeed.

That's me on the left, in a pic courtesy of James Hustler, with my new Apple Mac Pro. I should also say I'm wearing a new top from blog supporter British Curling Supplies. It's the new smart image (!) for Skip Cottage Curling. Thank you to Tom Pendreigh.

Fundraising continues. More curling stones should go on sale soon to help pay for a wee trip to Champery in December, all being well and I'm hanging together still by then. I just have a notion to check out the Swiss railway system, and will make that coincide with the European Curling Championships, to support the Scottish teams, and bring you my take on what's happening on and off the ice! I have a feeling that the WCF and ECF meetings might well be interesting this year. It was fun to be involved in Aberdeen - see here - although I won't have a companion this time. I wonder how Coo has fared this past year?