Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas is coming!

It's really far too early to be thinking about Christmas. But... this weekend I've had two reminders that I should be doing something about it soon. First up was that the Fife Curling Trust, which is fundraising for a new rink in Cupar, is selling special Christmas cards which feature curling on Lindores Loch from a sketch given by Lady Maitland to Abdie Curling Club on its inception in 1831.

The cards are priced at 60p each and all proceeds will go to Fife Curling Trust. Find out how to get hold of the cards by following this link.

Now, I have to post my letter to Santa to ensure that a copy of the Fire on Ice 2010 calendar will be in my Xmas stocking come December 25th. I just love the look of that wee curling stone!

Ana Arce's third calendar is now on sale on the European Curling Federation website here. The calendar is a fundraiser for women’s curling teams, as the models receive a share of the proceeds!

The 2010 calendar features twenty-six female curlers on (and I quote) "front and back cover (2), the 'Fire on ice' calendar (12) and a special series of more imaginative, artistic photos on the reverse side of each sheet called 'The Art of Curling' (12). The calendar is printed on A3 quality paper measuring approx 30 x 42 cm."

The price per calendar in Europe is EUR 25.00 plus EUR 4.00 shipping/packing.

Are there any "imaginative, artistic photos on the reverse side" of Scottish curlers? I can't wait to find out!